City of Santa Barbara- Santa Barbara, CA
The renovation of the City of Santa Barbara’s Fire Station No. 1 located at 121 West Carrillo Street, in the El Pueblo Viejo district, was completed in September 2009. The building was originally constructed in 1959 and had only undergone minor crew-completed interior space modifications. The facility has been renovated to meet current building codes in performance and health standards, including a seismic retrofit.
The renovation was phased in order for the facility to remain fully functional throughout the construction period, an important requirement set forth by the client. The renovation is part of the Redevelopment Agency’s 2003 Allocation Bond Issuance.
Fire Station Number One has achieved a Gold Rating through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification program.