Designed as a dynamic and multi-use learning center for individuals and groups, this facility is for student usage during the day and community usage at all other times. An extensive collection of books and other media, as well as a computer technology are incorporated into the facility.
The Exploration Center consists of a building complex housing the library, science wing, and the computer lab. Neighborhood adult classes are also conducted in the complex throughout the year.
The Exploration Center was designed to blend in with the 1930’s school vernacular. However, all the latest teaching technologies have been incorporated into the design, resulting in the following school motto, "We built it! Now watch us learn."
Sustainable features included: all interior finish selections were composed of natural composition, anti-microbial and/or recycled materials containing low V.O.C. content; and hot water radiant heating within the colored concrete floors were used thru-out the library.