In December 1959, Kenneth Kruger opened his Architecture practice at 3710 State Street, Santa Barbara. A few months later, Don Bensen joined Ken and the firm Kruger & Bensen Architects was formed.
During the next few years, the firm grew and it was necessary to move to larger quarters at 1323 ½ State Street.
In 1965, Don Ziemer became the third partner and the firm name was changed to Kruger Bensen Ziemer Architects.
Soon after this, the decision was made to move into the presently occupied office at 30 West Arrellaga Street.
In 1974, growth required adding the "Annex" at 1614 Chapala Street and the firm was incorporated in July of 1981.